Herts Valleys Enhanced Community ENT Service
This Enhanced Community Ear, Nose and Throat service provides care for NHS patients across west Hertfordshire under a contract with Herts Valleys Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
We provide patients and GPs with specialist advice and treatment for a range of ENT conditions. Our specialist ENT doctors and their multi-disciplinary team aim to diagnose your condition, arrange any investigations necessary and provide treatment to resolve or manage your symptoms. In house Audiology/ hearing tests is provided as part our clinics.
We provide a single point of access for all ENT referrals and will ensure that you are seen in the right place, by the right clinician at the right time:
- You will be referred by your Herts Valleys GP
- Your referral will be reviewed by an ENT specialist who will decide where it is most appropriate for you to be seen
- In some cases, we will provide your GP with a treatment plan so that they can treat your condition in your practice
- If you require hospital treatment, our administration team will organise an appointment for you at your preferred choice of hospital
- If it is most appropriate for you to be seen within the Enhanced Community ENT Service, a member of the administration team will call you to arrange an appointment
Once your referral has been reviewed by our qualified ENT specialists as suitable for appointment within the Community service, our friendly administration team will contact you to offer you an appointment in one of our 4 local clinic locations.
On the day you will be collected from the waiting room by one of our dedicated Health Care Assistants who will guide you to the clinic room where your ENT specialist will greet you.
Our One stop clinics aim to ensure that everything you need can be completed in the first appointment. This includes:
- Full consultation
- Procedures if required
- Prescribing medication
- Self-management advice to support you at home
- Information leaflets for you to take home
We are only able to offer a set number of hearing tests per day so in some cases we may arrange an alternative appointment for you have a hearing test.
Our qualified clinicians are able to complete a wide range of non surgical procedures as part of your appointment. You do not need to do anything different on the day of your appointment and none of the procedures we carry out will require general anaesthetic or sedation.
Your clinician will fully explain the procedure to you during your appointment and provide you with information to take home with you if needed.
In some cases, our clinicians may offer you local anaesthetic prior to the procedure however this is usually not needed.
Following your ENT procedure you will usually be able to carry on your day as you normally would.
Our ENT Clinical Team:
- Mr Sherif Haikel (Locum ENT Consultant)
- Mr Om Chawla (ENT Consultant)
- Mr Konstantinos Ballas (ENT Consultant)
- Mrs Eirini Lentari (ENT Consultant)
- Dr Sayeeda Ahmad (ENT GPwSI)
- Wesley Roberts (Audiologist)
- Rugina Begum (Audiologist)
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 01582 716 673
By post: Herts Valleys ENT Service,
Communitas Clinics, 83 Brigstock Road,
Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7JH
You will be offered an appointment at one of our four clinic locations across West Hertfordshire:
Monday – Saturday, clinic times include appointments between 08:30 and 17:00
Address: Colne House, 21 Upton Road, Watford WD18 0JP
Monday and Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Thursday 09:00 – 17:00
Address: The Nap, Kings Langley WD4 8ET
Tuesday and Wednesday 09:00 – 17:00