Surrey Downs Teledermatology Service
The Surrey Downs Teledermatology Service is remote diagnostic service that provides speedy access to lesion recognition and diagnostics for NHS patients in Surrey Downs under a contract with Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs). This service was recognised in 2017 as winner of the Health Services Journal ‘Improving Healthcare Through Technology’ award.
Your GP will be able to effectively diagnose and treat many skin lesions themselves. However sometimes they may wish to refer your skin lesion to benefit from Dermatology specialist opinion. The Teledermatology service utilises modern technology to securely obtain a rapid diagnosis and treatment plan, in most cases without you having to attend a Dermatology appointment.
- Your GP will complete an electronic referral for you including taking the necessary photos of your lesions which will be included within the referral.
- Your referral as well as the detailed photos of your lesion will be assessed by one of our Dermatology specialists.
- We will provide your GP with a treatment plan within 2 working days so that they can treat your skin lesion in your practice
- In some cases we may recommend treatment that cannot be carried out by your GP, in this case we will advise your GP of the specific treatment required and suggest alternative referrals that they will be able to make, for example referral to a local minor surgery service or referral for hospital treatment.
Your teledermatology appointment will essentially be held at your GP surgery where your GP will take specialist photos of your lesion and send us a referral. You will not be required to attend an appointment with us to complete your teledermatology referral.
Our Teledermatology Clinical Team:
- Dr Nadim Ni’Man (Dermatology GPwSI)
- Dr Sara Ritchie (Dermatology GPwSI)
- Mr Daniel Lichtenstein (Dermatology Consultant)
By email: email@example.com
By telephone:020 8683 6734
By post: Surrey Downs Teledermatology,
Communitas Clinics, 83 Brigstock Road,
Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7JH