Sussex Teledermatology Service
The Teledermatology Service is a recent improvement to the Sussex Intermediate Dermatology Service and provides speedy access to lesion recognition and diagnostics for NHS patients in Sussex under contract with Crawley and Horsham & Mid Sussex Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs).
Your GP will be able to effectively diagnose and treat many skin lesions themselves. However sometimes they may wish to refer your skin lesion to benefit from Dermatology specialist opinion. The Teledermatology service utilises modern technology to securely obtain a rapid diagnosis and treatment plan, in most cases without you having to attend a Dermatology appointment.
- Your GP will complete an electronic referral for you including taking the necessary photos of your lesions which will be included within the referral.
- Your referral as well as the detailed photos of your lesion will be assessed by one of our Dermatology specialists.
- In most cases, we will provide your GP with a treatment plan so that they can treat your skin lesion in your practice
- In some cases we may recommend that a biopsy is needed in order to provide you and your GP with a firm diagnosis and provide the appropriate treatment. In this case, you will be contacted by our administration team who will offer you an appointment within our community clinics.
- In a few cases, you require may hospital treatment, our administration team will organise an hospital appointment for you
Your teledermatology appointment will essentially be held at your GP surgery where your GP will take specialist photos of your lesion and send us a referral. You will not be required to attend an appointment with us to complete your teledermatology referral.
For further information about our Community Dermatology clinics please see our Sussex Intermediate Dermatology Service page.
Our Teledermatology Clinical Team:
- Dr Nadim Ni’Man (Dermatology GPwSI)
- Dr Sara Ritchie (Dermatology GPwSI)
- Mr Daniel Lichtenstein (Dermatology Consultant)
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 020 8683 6734
By post: Sussex Intermediate Dermatology Service,
Communitas Clinics, 83 Brigstock Road,
Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 7JH